Fire Marshall offer various fire training courses to assist with your work place Occupancy, Health and Safety needs. If you would like to book in a session, or speak to one of our consultants, please call our office on (03) 9775 0913.
Topics covered at these sessions include:
- Standard Fire Orders.
- Explanation of each extinguisher including; contents, operating times, distance of throw and colour coding.
- Safe and correct operating procedures.
- Types of fires each may be safely used on.
- Correct and safe firefighting procedures.
- Safe and correct use of a fire blanket.
- Maintenance of installed Fire Equipment.
All participants then have practical use of extinguishers in a live fire situation.
This training enables compliance with Section 3.1 (e), and various sections of AS3745-2002.
All equipment is supplied by Fire Marshall and training is conducted on site at your premises.
Recommended maximum 20 personnel to attend the session.
Session duration approximately 1.5 Hours.
Topics covered at this theory and practical session include:
- Importance of an Emergency Plan and staff roles in an emergency.
- Operate within an Emergency Control Organisation.
- Duties of Wardens including, Vests, Helmets, Colours.
- Standard Fire Orders and Emergency Evacuation Procedures.
- Site Inspection – shape, size, specific hazards, warning, path of travel, assembly areas.
- Consequences for evacuation and priorities for removal of occupants.
- Evacuation and Post-evacuation activities including head count
- Human behaviour in emergencies.
- Initiating emergency alarms and emergency response.
- Explanation of fire extinguishers, including identification and correct operation of all installed fire / life safety equipment.
- Correct and safe fire fighting procedures
- Dangers of radiant heat and smoke.
- Fire prevention and good housekeeping practices.
- Communication and notification procedures – including automatic or manual fire alarm.
- Visitor policy.
- Responsibilities of fire, police, ambulance, SES.
- Evacuation points.
This training complies with Sections 2, 3, 4 and Appendix B of AS3745 in relation to training, responses and procedures for Fire/Smoke emergencies and enables compliance with section 3.5 in relation to Evacuation exercises. It also assists with your duties as an employer under Part III, Section 21(2)e, of the OH&S Act, with regard to Fire and Emergency Procedures.
Duration of session 1 – 1.5 hours. Recommended Maximum attendance 20 personnel per session.
Call today for a free quote.